KMFMS Forum Index KMFMS
Discuss why and how to avoid Microsoft

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

<<< Back to KMFMS home  

takin down microsoft

View previous topic :: View next topic  
microsucks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: takin down microsoft Reply with quote

Smile everyone here is right microsoft sucks but there is a major flaw in your calculations and evalutions, macs are the best in all catagories, but thats not why im here, if i was to create a program that made windows programs automatically compatible with macs would that be legal? would a few of ubuntus pros help? where else would i find support? do you think that would take down microsoft as planned? would YOU guys give some pointers? Very Happy
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It sounds like you may be interested in the Darwine project. I haven't used it myself, so I can't comment on how good it is. If you're willing to shell out some cash, you might also be interested in Virtual PC.

I do agree that Macs are quite nice now. OS X won me over. I wrote the KMFMS site before OS X existed, hence the bias toward Linux - they are both excellent alternatives to Windows now.

- admin
microsucks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: i know Reply with quote

i know but the thing is, i am trying to convert visualbasic and the other windows languages to tiger so people can easily convert to mac but without the design flaws of wine, what im trying to do is make a program you install, and once a windows program is introduced it will run it on the mac without any other problems wine is nice but to the average consumer difficult to understand and use, plus i plan to GIVE it to apple to incorperate if they want it to and thus make incompatibility an issue of the past but Mr. Green Very Happy Smile
microsucks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: plus Reply with quote

virtual pc is more toward my thing than wine,
bbuutt there are several design flaws Shocked (how such a thing could come from a mac!!!!!............its beyond me!!!) Shocked its a whole new machine inside your mac sssoooo take macromedia flash for example, mac look on a mac and windows look on a (shudder that i had to test it on one) windows. not windows look on a window that is windows but on a mac and just windows look hopefully virtualpc wont be around thanks to the new design because it hurts my eyes Very Happy bbuutt would that be legal?
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Why not use Wine as a starting point and fix what you consider to be its flaws? They have done an awful lot of work which you would otherwise have to reproduce if you started from scratch. It sounds like you may just want to modify the Mac Finder so that it recognizes Windows binaries when they are double clicked and silently takes care of all the details of passing it off to Wine.

- admin
microsuck

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: yeah Reply with quote

yeah youre rights ooops bbbbuuuutttt i kinda thought it should be started from scratch, but i guess that would make more sense, plus
if you need your site retouched (which it does)
email me zeldaslilbro@pinkpt.com
also its completely free
microsuck

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mean kmfms
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I did try to email you at the address you gave, but the email bounced. Incidentally, when you attempted to sign up for a forum account, the email that got sent to you for account confirmation also bounced, in case you were wondering what happened.

Regarding the site retouch, I do agree that the site needs it. I have been meaning to do that for awhile, but I an not yet sure what the requirements should be. If you want to submit some designs, that would be great, but I'd suggest just making a quick mock-up so that you don't sink a lot of time into it when I'm not sure what I would use just yet. The best thing to do would probably be to post mock-ups to the KMFMS Suggestion Box forum.

Thanks,
- admin
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm... maybe this is what Apple actually had in mind that prompted them to switch to Intel hardware. That will make it substantially easier to run Windows programs and being able to easily run Windows programs would apparently motivate a large number of people to switch to Macs. For more information, see http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?NewsID=14042&Page=1&pagePos=2

- admin
microsuck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: eerrm Reply with quote

the "designflaws" i mentioned are the whole thing im talking about
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KMFMS Forum Index -> Microsoft Alternatives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum posts are owned by the original posters.
Forum boards are Copyright 2005 - present, KMFMS.